Pages

Friday, October 17, 2014

Sewing Retreat 2014

I just got back from my annual weekend sewing retreat in the mountains and we had such a good time!  It is really a blessing to me to get away from home and just focus on something I enjoy doing.  I love, love, love to 'create' but I'm generally just too tired to think clearly enough to do that at night when all the cares of the day have been taken care of so it is really a treat each year when my sweet husband takes over for 3 days and lets me go to the retreat.

This year I honestly did not prepare very well in advance.  We moved only two months ago and I am still trying to get my craft stuff organized so I just had not had the time to plan out my projects.  Last year I had a plan and all my patterns ready and fabric cut out.  This year I had hardly anything planned so I was not as productive as I would have liked to have been but I still got quite a bit done.

I made a set of 6 fall themed cloth napkins, a twirl skirt in Abby Cadabby material for Olivia, 3 mug rugs, 2 coasters and a kitchen towel.















1 comment: